So I have given up on the parazz album from my africa trip. I am technologically deficient and can't figure it out, but if you are really interested in seeing all my pictures just drop me an email or make a comment and I will pursue the matter further. Otherwise I will show you them when we meet again.
But since then a ton has changed and I have not written about it in the least. So here goes: Africa still keeps my heart beating and remains on the forefront of my mind. Often I will smell or see something and just have a flashback of a moment on the trip. Wow, do I miss it. I am getting teary-eyed just thinking about it. But then again it is cool to see all that God is doing in me right now.
After I got back from Africa I sensed major changes and prayed and fasted about it. I didn't want to move outside the will of God. On thursday of that week, God moved and I was invited to join an internship at the church. It is equivalent to a hands-on bible college where we live with other interns, workout together, take classes and work in an internship area of our interest. It is an amazing opportunity for me and very exciting though terrifying because it is the cost of college and I am not making any money.
(sidenote: It is very humbling to have to ask people to support me for money. Boy, does God know how to break down my pride and force me to trust in Him alone. I keep thinking about how if I want to be a missionary I will be needing supporters for my income for the rest of my life. Kind of wild. It has given me great insight to God's view of money. I keep thinking about the parable of the talents and how really none of the money is mine anyway, it is just in my possession for a short time. I find myself being much more cautious about how I spend money when it is not mine. Like a car, I always drive much more carefully when I am borrowing someone else's car. Just some thoughts. I probably will delve on that more later because it is a big thought for me. Thank you to all you who are financially supporting me. Please know that it is being well invested and I really appreciate all of your support).
But back to the internship..I am loving every moment of it! I live with two girls: Katherine and Katie. They are both really cool and I love the living situation. Also, I work in the missions ministry area where we plan all incoming and outgoing mission teams and special events at HPC. Every aspect of this internship is so awesome. I can't even explain how cool it is. Michelle Gros made a cool comment to me the other day and I keep pondering it. She reminded me, " Colleen, just take time and enjoy living in your breakthrough." I have spent a lot of the last two years being broken and it is really cool to start seeing a lot of the pieces start coming together in the puzzle... but I am also on guard for a curveball in the destiny. We will just have to wait and see!
Thank you so much for all of your prayers and support!
Sunday, September 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment