I have the privilege of working in the missions dept at Healing Place Church. One thing I get to do is read over the newsletters we get in from missionaries we support. Today I was reading one from a missionary in Asia and he said something that hit me like never before:
"You go each time we go, you share each thing we share, and you preach each time we preach. Your reward will be the same as ours on that day. Pretty cool."
I guess I always thought that those people who are actually on the field roughing it would have bigger mansions and more crowns to offer than those of us who JUST support them, but the truth is that the reward is no different. What makes the difference is that you are living the life and doing all that God called you to do. Whether you are a missionary in Asia or supporting one from your cubicle in Louisiana, the important thing is that you are following the calling that God has for YOU!
I told these thoughts to a local missionary and he replied in one line what took me three paragraphs: "If we’re doing what God wants us to do there is no higher calling." Amen.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i love that! thanks for sharing!
right on. Our rewards are NO different.
Post a Comment