Friday, April 07, 2006

God's Glory

This morning in quiet time God spoke John 13:31-32 to me. In getting prepared for easter I thought this was an incredible scripture. It got me thinking a lot about God's glory and "what is 'glory'"? I have been stuck on this and reading a lot of verses that speak of glory. In all of this I have found that 'glory' is the nature of God. Is can be given and shared in part by us, but is truly who God is. He is glory. To go further, when we don't acknowledge this, or give glory to some one or something else, in essence we are putting the nature of God on something undeserving of it. How often do we do that? Or how ofteb do we simple fail to give Him glory. Just like Jesus, we have the opportunity to "farther glorify God" in the actions that we take today. Who am I glorifying today?

No comments: