Sunday, April 23, 2006

Trip to NOLA




My high school friend Rachel Hosan, who is now living in Chicago and soon to be moving to Germany, came down to visit me this weekend. It was so good to see her and to show my life to her. It was an introspective time for the both of us as we are both in very challenging seasons right now. While we were together, we stopped down to New Orleans to see the french quarter. It was her first time there and mine since the hurricane, and I must say I am impressed at how positive the atmosphere was there. Just like Louisiana, there was a festival there this weekend (this state has more festivals than I thought possible, sometimes several in one weekend) called the French Quarter festival so we got to listen to a lot of great music and the area was so alive. Here are some pictures. Enjoy!

No comments: