So it has been a while since I have done any deep thoughts but for some reason I think that one can hear God's voice more clearly on the mission field. I don't know if it is just that I am away from the normal routine, distractions, and typical "busy-ness" that I allow myself to get caught up in or that it is just more clear when you are worlds away...
We were asked to do quiet time every morning (which we should be doing anyway) but for some reason on the trip I have been much more pumped to get up early and seek the face of God. It has been incredible. He has really given me a rhema (right now) word for the day and it always seems to apply.
Wednesday's word was: confidence, courage and command. When we have confidence in Christ and who He is and who we are in Him, we will have the courage to obey His word, and the ability to command on His behalf. I just think that's super cool that as we grow more confident in Him we can do and be more like Him and live in Him.
Thursday's word: Peace. We need to walk in God's Peace. Man's peace ends when conflict begins but God's peace surpasses all understanding and endures regardless of the circumstances we are in. This is the peace we should be offering.
Today's word: New. Purpose. I read Isaiah 48 and 49 today and God really spoke that He was going to do a new thing in us. Before He has told me all that He was going to do in my life- I would travel, be in Africa and teach- and He has fulfilled all of these, but He is about to do something new. Something He has never told me before and never done in or for us before. He is doing this for one purpose and one purpose only, for the same reason that He created everything and for the same reason He does anything- for His Glory to show that He alone is God. Because of this he gives us purpose. The purpose to make Him famous for His glory.
I know that is a lot to soak in. This trip has been incredible. No words can suffice. I have learned and seen so much and feel so humbled. Wow. Today I saw some kids use a sink for the first time in their lives. They filled water from a pipe instead of a well for the first time ever. I am speechless.
Friday, April 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HEY!!!!! i've been thinking about elevators in Africa ALL DAY LONG and i could not wait to get home and read yalls blogs!! i love hearing the stories and everything about this trip, keep me posted!! where are yall staying this time??? is it the same place we stayed last year?? love on those kids SO much for me!! love and prayers to YOU!
-lindsay
Cool - cannot wait to hear all about it!!!
Post a Comment