Monday, February 09, 2009

Beef... It's what's for dinner.

So tonight I thought that I would go out on a limb and try making something only partially using a recipe. For some this may be child's play, but I have trouble venturing out to the world of cooking without recipe. I often try but then just get nervous that something will go terribly wrong and I will ruin dinner, so I just revert back to the recipe I started with. But tonight I am trying beef stew. I figure it can't be that difficult right? Just beef, veggies, beef broth, and some spices. We will see how it goes. I am slow cooking it and just poured everything that I wanted into the crock pot and now I will wait. And while I was waiting I thought, what better time than this to blog...

I like the crock pot, I definitely don't use it nearly as much as I should. It is one of those kitchen items that is only used once in a while but if you don't have it, you miss it at those clutch moments.

Speaking of the kitchen, I think that may be my niche. I was thinking about how every blog I read seems to have a niche. For example, some it is about being a mom, others scrapbooking (or for my friend Jessica, it's both), even others blog about blogging. I think what will keep me going on this blog journal is cooking. I just love it. As you can tell from above, I am not that great at it yet, but the whole kitchen/dining experience just intrigues me.

I was born to a unique situation where my dad loved cooking and my mom baked. So I grew up loving both the art of cooking and the science of baking. Both are so significantly different and yet I am not partial to either. Just put me to work in a kitchen and I am happy.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I think cooking sounds like a great niche, my friend. xoxo

Anonymous said...

doesn't seem to matter what you put in a crock pot...leave anything in there long enough and it always comes out good :)

check out this blog:
www.crockpot365.blogspot.com

love you!