Monday, June 08, 2009

Home from Africa and jetlagging

It's 2:00am and I am wide awake! I arrived home from Africa on Saturday morning and have not seemed to shake off the jetlag. So I am up and not sure what to do to fill my time at this hour of the morning. I have caught up on the little tv that I watch and tried reading a bit. I thought I would blog since I have been neglecting it for so long.

I am not really sure what to say though. This last month has been an incredible adventure. Robert and I celebrated our one year anniversary on May 11th. Some days it is wild to think that I am married and own a home- when did I grow up? Can you believe it?! Being married to Robert is one of the best decisions I have ever made. He is the most perfect husband for me.

Then for the last three weeks I have been in southern Africa with mission teams. I have had the privilege of going to Africa three times in the last four years and each experience has been drastically different. They are incomparable. I have come to learn that you should go with little or no expectations because God always has something planned that is more than you could have imagined.

On May 18th a few of us left early for Swaziland to set up for a Leadership Conference. Teams started arriving on the 23rd. This conference was hosted and run by HPC: Swaziland campus, as well at three churches stateside (Celebration in Jacksonville, Life Church in Memphis, and HPC). We had speakers from these churches and Household of Faith. It was an AWESOME Conference. Pastors from all over southern Africa came to hear about unity in the body of Christ. They served together on an outreach and received tools and resources to use to develop their ministry areas. The whole conference ran smoothly and was just remarkable. Planning for and running the conference was most of the first two weeks of the trip. From there we enjoyed a night at the Hlane game park and then headed to Mozambique. There we served at HPC: Mozambique and helped Pastors Isaac and Carol Williams with service. On Thursday night we hosted an outdoor worship night which was...wow! Over 700 people came out to the grounds to worship together!

God really did something in me these last three weeks there and I have truly enjoyed it. I can hardly put into words the work that God is doing in me this summer but it is rejuvenating and I feel like he is refreshing me!
Do you ever feel like you just need God to move... and then he does? I always think it is so funny that I am surprised by his faithfulness. I just imagine his face looking down on me with this thought like "my sweet child, why do you doubt me still?"

No comments: