Hello Friends and Family,
I am writing from our hotel (City Lodge) in Johannesburg, South Africa. It is currently 8:30pm here and we are seven hours ahead (6 for those of you in EST). We left New Orleans for Washington DC at 12pm CST yesterday and after an on time departure from DC flew non-stop 15 hours to Johannesburg or what many call JoBo or Jburg. This flight was wonderful and much easier than last year's 5 stop flight to Manzini.
On the long flight, we had dinner and I watched one of my favorite movies, The Holiday, and then fell asleep. I seriously think I slept 11 hours because I woke up for breakfast and then started "Stranger than Fiction" but had to stop mid-way through because we were landing. Customs was easy as pie and so far there have been no complications (other than the HUGE tip I gave the man who helped us with our bags- some call it a blessing, others a lack of sense and no smaller bills). Thank you so much for all of your prayers. We can truly feel them. The team is doing well and other than some swollen ankles (from no circulation on the long flight) and exhaustion from jetlag, we are all doing well. Tonight we had dinner at a local grill (though some opted for the faster and safer KFC). Now we are going to hit the sack and get ready for our 3:30am wake up call before a 5am flight to Maputo Mozambique. I am not sure how often we will get to blog, email or call but please know that I thank every one of you for your prayers and support. It is so good to be "home" again.
This is going to be an unforgettable trip and I am so thankful that you each have helped me to be a part of it. You are all here with me!
Next Stop: Maputo, Mozambique and the newest HPC Campus!!
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i'm praying for you guys!
Post a Comment