So this morning my girl April decided to move back to Donaldsonville. Please keep her in your prayers. She really just wanted to go back. It made me sad because I see such an incredible life God has in store for her, but I know that she has to want it and that is what is so great about God is that we have a choice. He gives us a little reminder:
"Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would CHOOSE LIFE, that you and your descendants might live!"-Deutoronomy 30:19
But ultimately we have to make the choice. Sadly, many of us settle at one point for ground chuck and don't grab hold of the filet mignon God had prepared for us.
I made this incredibly wise beyond my years (it was totally Holy Spirit infused) statement to April yesterday when she complained about not having any choices in her life. I said,
"I think the problem is that you are getting confused between choices and consequences. We all always have CHOICES in life. Everything is a choice that you get to make, but what you must face is the CONSEQUENCE of that choice, which is usually not up to us."
How often do I avoid the CHOICE for fear of the CONSEQUENCE?
Profound I know.
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like your blog. This is a great post.
Post a Comment