ALL of the money is raised for the Africa trip- and then some!!- PRAISE GOD!
So the cool story behind this is how it happened.
Since the start of my desire to go, God made it clear that He wanted to perform this miracle of $3500.
He told me that in life I have always had a plan B, like just in case His way doesn't work out then I will do it. Sometimes, I even let Him sit out of big decisions because I think that I can take care of them. So this one He clearly said that I nor my mom were to contribute any money to this trip.
So I was humbled to send out sponsor letters and do the jambalaya fundraisers. He showed me that I should get used to this if I plan on doing missions for life because it will be a lot of fundraising.
So anyway, I waited, prayed and waited...and waited. "God, I know you said you wanted to do this one, so if you could please do it that would be great".
Long story short, tuesday I hit the wall. I couldn't wait any longer, if God wanted me to go, he needed to move!
So wednesday we had a long cry and questioning if God truly wanted me to go becuase I was still $1000 short. Then at late nite, the college ministry for HPC, someone (who wants to remain nameless) came up and said that they wanted to help with my financial burden. I poured out my heart with all that was going on and they said (so nonchalantly I might add), "I'll take care of the $1000 for Africa."
WHAT?!!! I thought they were kidding. You can imagine me after that, screaming, laughing, crying, and telling everyone about this incredible miracle God just performed.
This is just one of the many testimonies I have from the fundraising. For others just ask about the prayer journal that showed up the day I asked for a reminder that he hears my prayers, and the phone call that came just minutes after I complained about not being able to make the second payment. Thank you to ALL of you who contributed both financially and prayerfully!
Sometimes I think he justs wants to see how bad you want it and how far he can take you before you snap. So turns out... God is faithful. Once again His word is true. And I am humbled.
Friday, June 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Who he calls He equips. We just have to trust Him as you did. I always am amazed at His provisions.
Post a Comment