So for the past two weeks during my prayer time, God has just been on me about learning His promises. What does He promise us in His word? What promises do I embrace and which do I need to grab hold of?
I have been trying to learn about them in a variety of ways, mostly by looking at the old testament and the promises He made to Israel, Abraham and several other people. It is cool to see what he promised and how he promised it (by speaking directly, or through a prophet, or ...).
Anyway this week, God spoke 1 Chronicles 17. It is when He talks to David, through Nathan, about his hand on David's life and his covenant for the future generations. One line that stuck with me was 1 Chronicles 17:2- "Do whatever you have in mind, for God is with you." WOW! What an opportunity. I thought about it a bit and then forgot about it.
Then in the middle of the week God spoke again: 2 Samuel 7:3. What is the deal with these random scripture verses.
Not kidding- I look it up at Late Nite last night and it is the exact same story as 1 Chronicles 17:2. Weird!
So today I am thinking more about it. It is interesting that it doesn't say "do whatever you want", it says "do whatever is in your mind/heart/innermost being".
Oddly enough, just when I hear that and want to take full advantage of doing it, I sit back and contemplate. What is in my heart? What do I have in mind for the plans that God has for me? Where would I want to take God with me?
I am at a lose here. I don't know what God has planned for my life, but I am also at a moment where I don't know what I have in mind for my life.
Often it is like, "Lord I will go whereever you want to take me" but this time He says to me, "Colleen, I will go whereever you have in mind to take me."
Not just geographically but spiritually, relationally, intellectually. Where do I want to go? What do you have in mind to do?
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love you.
One interesting thing that I have been reading in my Lucado book (totally forgot name, sorry) is how important it is to align your desire with God's.
I hope that someday He will make me align with Him and then He can really get me doing what I want to do. Just an interesting take.
Post a Comment